Thursday, October 25, 2012

I get email


I am a 27 year old female from San Francisco, CA. I am writing to you because your the only person I could find who clashed with a feminist and is intelligent. I am troubled by my professor for "Women's Health", a general education requirement class no one wants to be in. She is very controlling, making us answer twelve questions about ourselves clearly for the use of knowing where we stand, condescending, and has an agenda I don't believe to be completely pertinent t the class of women's health. Her articles out of date, usually from the same journal and articles on the history of women's health and patriarchy but not addressing some of the hypocrisies of the material. More troubling, she may be misinterpreting the material. There are issues I disagree with her on such as in health care, being a bipolar person, I feel those who need psychiatric care are in some ways far worse off...I digress. Should I report her to the school about the twelve questions? I am a respectful person and understand my own biases, but I also don't want to feel like I'm lying every time I open my mouth in class and participation isn't optional. Is their anyway in which I can take this class and be honest yet respectful?

Thank you so much for your time