Friday, May 21, 2010

I had a dream



The other night, I had a dream that I was in a plane. I looked to the left, and the ceiling of the plane exploded open over the head of a gay male flight attendant. Now, there was a giant hole in the plane. The flight attendant made a face. It didn't look good.

I had a great revelation. Well, that's it, I realized. This is how I would die. In a plane. Crashing. The woman sitting next to me fussed. We bent over and hid our heads, waiting for the end to come.

At some point, I looked up. We were over a wide flat body of water. No doubt, this was a vision informed by Sully. There were ice floes floating in the water. I hoped the plane would land on the surface.

Somehow, we got out of the plane. Everyone survived. I don't remember what happened after that, only that.

When I woke up, I felt better. Like I had survived something. Even if it was only a dream.