Friday, August 26, 2011

I get email


Hi Susannah,

I read today's post and thought to email you again. Your description of unemployment is dead on, and for me, the experience just ended yesterday with me getting lucky and somehow landing the job of my dreams. There was no logic to it - a blind resume drop on monster.com led to an interview where I was completely at ease. I'm excited for the future but don't have any advice My story has no great arc, but it manages to have a happy ending. Unemployment wasn't much fun at all, and I'm grateful to have a wife who supported me through the low points of the past several months.

Thanks for writing your blog - throughout the process it's been a reminder that I'm not alone in my boredom and frustration.

Best wishes for the weekend, and thanks again.

[Redacted]