Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How not to ask me for advice


Hello, Susannah,

I am ready to take the next step in my life and am applying for an ultra competitive sales position at a leading IT firm. I just read your entry about selling "you" on Forbes.com. My question to you is, with my second phone interview coming up on Tuesday, is there anything I can/should do to prepare? I already know the recruiter that will be interviewing me. Should I send them something ahead of time to get them thinking about the interview coming up? (Disclaimer - I interviewed for the same position a year ago and obviously did not get the job) I really feel like I've gained the necessary skills and experience over this past year. Any advice you can give me or resources you could point me to would be great!

Thanks!

[redacted]
I have no idea.
Thanks for the great advice! I appreciate it!
Is that sarcastic? Your question was boring.
Your response was typical. You had nothing to gain by answering it, so you offered nothing. Your article was boring and offered nothing original. Why do you display your email address if you don't like to answer related emails?
Why did you ask me for advice if my article was boring and offered nothing original?
Obviously it's been a complete waste of my time, so honestly I'm not sure. Thanks for nothing. I can't imagine you're too successful with the type of attitude you have. People like you have capped potential. Good luck in life!