Monday, June 20, 2011

Change your life


I'm all about radical change in "Why Radical Change Is Better Than Slow Change."
TIP #1: Moving is good for you.

In 2003, I was living in Los Angeles. I was appearing on TV regularly and supporting myself as a freelance journalist. But I was burned out on Hollywood, and I wanted to try something new. On a plane ride returning to Los Angeles from a trip, I pulled the flight map out of the seat pocket in front of me and stared at the United States. About 10 minutes later, I decided I would move to New Orleans, Louisiana. I had never been to New Orleans. I had never been to Louisiana. I had never been to the South. Two weeks later, I was in the back of a cab driving into a city where moss and beads hung from trees, where they buried the dead above ground, where macaroni and cheese was one of the basic food groups.
[READ]