Monday, April 12, 2010

I haz shower



A few weeks ago, when I was in NYC, photographer and friend Clayton Cubitt, aka Siege, took some photographs of me. We took them in the beautiful red bathroom of his bento box-esque apartment in Williamsburg.

We've known each other for years, but he hadn't taken photos of me previously, except for some B&W documentation of a group trek from Chinatown to "Avatar" on Christmas. As you can see, I am tall.

And this is me shooting him.

We did a few different ones, including these, me behind the shower curtain that looks like that stuff you drive through in a car wash, and several in which I was attempting to pull the skin off my face a la "Brazil."

Later, he had me stand in the living room and shake my head back and forth really fast, which he called "shaky-face." If I ever run for public office, he can use those to blackmail me. As I noted when I saw them, they look like I'm a recent arrival to a mental institution, and I won't sit still for my check-in pic.

I like this one the best because I look like I'm looking into the red-hot future of the internet, and I have no idea what I'm looking at, but I'm thinking it's pretty sexy.

Click here to see it bigger.

Thanks, Siege.