Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm a rich white girl and it's plain to see

Last Friday, I wrote a post with a lot of music in it. I did that because someone was like, hey, what kind of music do you listen to? And that was my answer. Then this person read that post, or listened to it, and they said they were expecting more women singing. And because I view everything that presents itself in front of me as some kind of a personal challenge, I set about putting together another post that's all ladies.



"Living Proof," Cat Power




"I'll Be There for You/You're All I Need to Get By," Method Man featuring Mary J. Blige




"I Get Crazy," Nicki Minaj




"Wise Up," Aimee Mann




"Gloomy Sunday," Diamanda Galas




"Black Is the Color (Of My True Love's Hair)," Nina Simone




"A Sorta Fairytale," Tori Amos




"Love to Love You Baby," Donna Summer




"All the Drugs," Courtney Love




"Glory Box," Portishead




"Broken Homes," Tricky featuring PJ Harvey




"Don't Make Waves," The Gossip




"Stupid Girl," Garbage




"Money Can't Buy It," Annie Lennox




"What It Feels Like for a Girl," Madonna




"Thank You," Alanis Morissette