Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MAKE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS A DAY WORKING FROM YOUR SOFA!!!


I wrote a post about the best and worst things about working from home. Because that is what I do. Work from home. I didn't really get into the whole NEVER LEAVING THE HOUSE WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO STAB OUT YOUR EYES thing, because I like to keep it upbeat at Forbes, and anyway wanting to stab out your eyes is better than having to spend day after day with coworkers you hate.

I wrote this post in part because this one about the best and worst advice I've ever gotten did well. I also wrote it because I was feeling down about working from home and forgetting what the sun looks like, but sometimes if I "reframe" something in a post, I feel better about it.

That pretty much worked. 
4. It’s more human

Apparently, your brain only does well focusing on something for an hour-and-a-half or so at a time. Cubicle slavery doesn’t allow for that. Traditional jobs are structured thusly: START TIME, WORKWORKWORK, END TIME. Over an eight to nine hour period, that’s not maximizing productivity. That’s just stupid. Being able to focus, move away, and return when ready means you’re working with your brain, not against it.
[READ, IMAGE]