Thursday, March 31, 2011

I get email

Wish I was rich enough to hire you, but I’m not.

Just wanted to say your blog on Forbes is one of the few women’s blogs I read. (In fact, I can’t think of another at this moment.)

I’m fixing to be 62 (sorry for the Texas accent) and I’ve never understood the whole feminist thing. Dad used to say, “Now don’t be too independent!” (what does that mean??) I accepted the reality of difference in pay, jobs gotten, etc. Just made me work harder – I can’t stand naggers and I always saw “feminists” as nags. Strident nags. Nor can I stand women who constantly put down their men. That is so dumb and actually self-demeaning.

But I do enjoy your not-particularly-focused-on-women blog entries. And on selling your womanhood? I know that flirting using your intellect (not your sexuality) is good for the soul.

Good stuff! And the best of luck! I was out of work for 11 months – that’s never happened to me before. First time I ever got really scared. You will find a good job with people like Glenn Reynolds behind you!
[Image via Jak & Jil]