Monday, March 22, 2010

Hey, fuck you



This is a photograph I took of myself and my friend, photographer Siege, in Brooklyn on my last night in New York. I'm the girl one skulking around in the background, and Siege is the boy one making an obscene gesture in the mirror. In case you weren't clear.

Mr. Siege lives in an apartment in Williamsburg that is one of the coolest apartments I've ever seen. It's like a human bento box, and you are the sushi. Every time I go out there, I suggest they adopt me. This time, I offered to sleep on a cot in the kitchen, but Siege said the morning light coming through the windows would wake me. I guess that's a no.

We took pictures in the bathroom because the bathroom in this pad is my favorite room. All blood red tile and silver sinks and a shower like a car wash. It's a sexy beast.

Taking pictures of Siege was horrible and embarrassing, like if you were forced to write a sentence in front of Faulkner or something. You think you bring something to the table? Ha-ha. No. You do not.

I ended up hanging around by the toilet while Siege made this lewd gesture, and there you have it. Next time, I'll either try and be more confident, or maybe I'll just take pictures of people who don't know how to take photographs.