Thursday, March 18, 2010

NYC



It's nice to wake up in one city, and find yourself in another by noon. Another day, another night, another hotel room, another city. So far, Manhattan is treating me well. I got a manicure in black, got into trouble with Miss Wendy, went to a party, rode around in cabs, and ended up eating complicating cheeses and sipping enigmatic wines. Not bad, for 24 hours.

Now, it's just me and the hotel room and the TV, which is probably what it's supposed to be. Mostly, the conversation veered all over the place, but some of the time, it was, like, what is this that controls us: chaos or intention? I told somebody that if you can envision it, it will happen, but I'm not even sure that I believed it, although, increasingly, I'm not sure that I don't believe it, if you know what I mean, and maybe you do.

Anyway, the bed is made and ready to be rumpled, the manicure is still intact, metaphorically speaking, if you know what I mean, and tomorrow I'm going to work, and going to some meetings, and we'll see what happens in between. There are so many people on the sidewalks. And the skyscrapers are so high they almost touch the sky. And before I know it, it'll be gone.