Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So you wanna be a superstar


I like this new song and video from Lykke Li, "Possibility." She sings: "So tell me you hear my heart stop/You're the only one that knows." Li isn't afraid to come across like she's batshit.


I don't know what's cooler about this: the video, the music, or Tokyo. I need to relocate, stat. I want to go to a place where I can fly at night.


My friend Xeni is one of those people who listens to music cooler than you will ever be. She introduced me to Emahoy Tsegué-Maryam Guèbrou. Exiled nun playing some serious piano.


"me bored ass hell doin a lil dance to Punjabi MC." Artist Dennis Knopf takes the part in booty shakin' videos before the girl comes out and starts shaking her booty, loops it, and calls that art. It's a "Bootyclipse."


That whole iamamiwhoami thing turns out to be Jonna Lee. A viral campaign works for only so long. I contracted this one.


This is the mostly instrumental version of Cypress Hill's "Superstar," which I re-enjoyed recently in "Training Day," where it's featured in the scene with the infamous "shit pushed in" exchange.


Gil Scott-Heron, "Me and the Devil": "So if you see the vulture coming/Flying circles in your mind/Remember there is no escaping/For he will follow close behind."